I recently had the opportunity to review the RIBZ Front Pack. The RIBZ Front Pack is designed to take weight off of your back while hiking, hunting, fishing, walking, etc. but keep all of your essential gear handy and easy to get to. The pack redistributes the weight to the front of your body and helps balance out the weight that would be created by carrying a heavy pack. Basically, the pack is a way cooler version of the fanny pack.
|RIBZ Front Pack|
|The front pack comes in this carry case|
I'll get into my review of the RIBZ later but first I'll list some specs from their website: www.ribzwear.com
- Alpine and Stealth models are made from Cordura Brand water resistant ripstop
- Camo model made from Silent Polyester Tricot
- Has a 700+ cubic inch capacity for the regular size and a 500 cubic inch capacity for small size
- Weighs in empty at 11 ounces
- Regular size fits a 32-44 inch waist, Small fits 26-36 inch waist
- Recommended hand washing for cleaning, but RIBZ is capable of being machine washed on gentle cycle but this approach is not favored
Warranty: RIBZ guarantee all products we manufacture to be free from any defects in material or craftsmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase. Our warranty is limited to the original purchaser of the product and is not transferable. During the one year warranty period, RIBZ will either repair or replace, at its option, only the defective part of the pack. RIBZ will not repair or replace any pack that has been torn as a result of accidents or misuse.
All three models and both sized retail for $59.95 on the RIBZ website. (At the time of writing this post, the Camo model was not in stock)
Before I used the RIBZ in any kind of field application, I did a quick look over of the product and tried it on. My initial thoughts from just doing this were positive. I like the adjustable straps and the easy access of the pockets. There are two large pockets and two small pockets all opened and closed by zippers.Inside of the larger pockets are mesh compartments to allow easy access to smaller items.
I took my RIBZ on a recent hike up Pinnacle Mountain. I packed way more than I needed inside of the pack but wanted to see how comfortable it was with a full load. It performed really well! All of the weight was on the front part of the pack which kept the payload from weighing down my back. The backpack straps stayed in place during my hike and they didn't move around at all.
|Ready for the hike!|
|RIBZ allows for easy access to gear|
|Cooling off with some water|
|The straps on the back are fully adjustable|
- 3 bottles of water
- oatmeal bars
- First Aid kit
- bug spray
- toilet paper
- survival kit
- Keeps weight from wearing down your back
- Pockets on the front allow for easy access to gear
- Adjustable straps
- Light weight and easy to use
- Wish it had hand pockets on the inner portion for colder weather
- Needs some kind of hook system on the front straps for hanging a compass, water bottle, etc
I received RIBZ Front Pack for free from RIBZ as coordinated by Deep Creek Public Relations. This review is my own opinion of the product and I did not receive any monetary compensation for this review.